Monday 21 June 2010

A start, at last!

Today is the day! Time for the pictures.

This one is a Canadian Odyssey, made in Vancouver in the 70's.
I have started with this one, as it is one of my favourites and I have family in Vancouver.
Seems like a good place to start.

This is a really nice instrument that just does everything I want it to.
It balances nicely and has a very "Punchy" sound, which I like.
I often describe my favourite bass sound as "BOWWW", as opposed to "Wump" or "Thud"
Weird but it makes sense to me.
Two DiMarzio Precision pick-ups provide lots of BOWWW.


If you have a look here, there are a lot of details about Atilla Balogh and his Company.
Odyssey
















Canadian Craftsmanship, at it's finest.

That's all for now.
Next time. . . . perhaps one of the many Peavey basses I have.

:)

No comments: