Tuesday 6 July 2010

Chip Todd. . . . . .

Well, I know I said we would look at some Classic Japanese gear but
something has happened recently and I thought I would share it.

You may realise by now that I am a big fan of the Peavey "T" series,
with the last couple of posts dedicated to some of my T-40's, with
more to follow, along with my T-60 collection.

The "T" refers to Todd, Chip Todd, who developed the "T" series,
which was Peavey's first venture into Guitars & Basses, starting
back in the mid 70's.

Much to my delight, Chip has once again become active amongst
Peavey players and collectors on this site.
http://peaveyt40.forumotion.com/forum.htm

It is like being able to pose a question, personally, to Leo Fender
or Les Paul - we all have reference from the internet- why
things were made that way or the the design was done this way
because. . . . . .
but the most accurate information is from the man himself.

Chip has now retired from his shop and perhaps has more time to
be involved in preserving of the heritage of his work.
He has written a very honest account, regarding the design and
materials of the T-40, to which I have replied.
If you, like me, apreciate his work for what it is, sign up and drop
him a line.

That's all for now, back to the collection next time.

Cheers. :)

No comments: