Friday 22 October 2010

Status Shark. . . . .

A mass produced bass that was - "Made in England"

As mentioned in previous posts, I have been looking for this image
for some time and have found some others in the process!

This is my other Status, The Shark.


This is so easy to play, mainly down to the neck profile.
It is similar to a standard neck profile, which could be found on all
sorts of basses but the thing that makes it different is that it is
almost flat in the centre.
This gives you something to get your hand around but reduces the
distance from the centre of the neck, at the back, to the face of the
fingerboard.

Simple controls, volume and tone, which have a quality feel about
them, as they have a click feature, so instead of just spinning from
10 to 0, you can feel each position of both controls.

The bridge is quality - once adjustments are made, it is locked into
position and the installation and finishing of the frets is 10 out of 10.
Light, hardly know it's there and nicely balanced.

I can't say that I have seen many in circulation, mine is one of the
later ones, the earlier Shark had a chrome pick-up.

I have never got round to playing any of the headless/graphite basses
but if the quality of the Shark and the Groove are anything to go by,
they must be something quite special.

I have mentioned that my Hatchet was going on a long trip - well, it
seems it may be stopping here.
Size was an issue and I have managed to get my hands on a Speedster
travel guitar, which has arrived today.
This is a neck-thru, maple, that only measures 28" (711mm) long.
I shall give it a good going over and get some shots of it, before it
begins it's journey.

Back next week, perhaps with some Fender.

Cheers. :)


If you have landed on this page and you want to go to the 
latest post, go here:
Latest post. 




No comments: