Friday 26 November 2010

Ibanez Musician MC924DS. . . . . .

Friday again and it's freezing outside!! Brrrrrrrrrrrr!!

This one has been a bit of a mystery to me - I have an MC924,
which is what most people associate with when you mention
Ibanez Musician Bass.



When I saw this, I couldn't believe the condition on it - you would
see worse in a music shop, after it had be on and off the hanger a
dozen times. I couldn't resist it!





I have not listed it up to now, as to be honest, I wasn't sure what
it was and have left it, hoping to find out more.
I have once again referred to a higher authority (thanks again)
and now found out that this bass is. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
an MC924! Huh?
Yes, same model number different bass, different era.
This is actually a MC924DS, which it the Dark Stained finish.



This is as it left the factory and reminds me why so many pro players
of the late 70's and 1980's, swapped over to the likes of Ibanez and Aria.
Beautifully made.
It is active, with the circuit actually in the pick-up but it is not as a 3 band
boost and cut, more of a crisp volume and tone control.
Really nice to play but I have never gigged it, fearing I will be the first
to put a ding into it, after surviving 25 years without a mark.

This one deserves four photographs!



Right, as snow is on the way, it's time to wrap up well and
prepare for the winter.

Brrrrrrrrrrr! :)

See you next week.

Cheers. :)

No comments: