Friday 15 July 2011

Acoustic Separation. . . . . .

Acoustic separation - all sounds a bit technical!
This is my latest toy and still not tried out!!

There are several venues we play at, with either proper stages
about 1200mm - 4 foot off the dance floor or more commonly,
something about 300mm - 1 foot off the floor.
These all cause certain sound issues, especially for the bass and drums.
Some of these places are worse than others but it is still a concern.

So, in an attempt to kill "boomy bass" I have knocked up this.







These things are available to buy and that is what I would have done but
the standard size was a little too small and the larger one was too big!

So, I bought the correct foam and put the rest of it together in about an hour.
Hoping it makes a vast improvement, I'll be using it live in a couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed - I'll let you know how I get on.
Smoke and mirrors, Snake Oil or a genuine improvement.

Cheers. :)

No comments: