Thursday 30 April 2015

Bass Restoration - Reeve Headless Bass. . . .

I sometimes get emails asking what sort of condition 
I look for, when adding to the collection.
Well, the short answer is - as good as I can find.
That said, when you come to something unique, you
just have to go with what you have got.

So, for something a little different, I thought I would
show you something a little unusual - how it looked
when it came to me and after several updates, how
it looks when finished.


Reeve!
Not a common name in instruments but I now have two
and have come across several others.
My other one is "Mr Lee" - a twin neck.

This is exactly how it came to me, untouched.
I have plugged it in - there are some wheezes and crackles
but you can get a sound out of it - other than that, it comes
with the finger marks of the previous owner/player and no
attention from me, whatsoever!







Next post will be all about a first going over - check the truss 
rod, a brief investigate into the crackles and a general check,
before the work begins.

I'll leave you with this - what a great little feature - keeps the 
bass upright, when stood up and doubles as a tool for string
changing. Brilliant!! 





Cheers. :)

If you have landed on this page and you want to go to the 
latest post, go here:
Latest post. 

No comments: